We all do it. We avoid those difficult conversations which we need to have, despite knowing that avoiding the conversation means paying a high price. Remember, when negative behaviours are not challenged, they become the norm.
Fierce Confrontation® is a confrontation with reality, not the person. It’s a positive and open invitation to explore and understand each other’s perspectives through conversation. A positive engagement with conflict and frustration is a platform to develop trust. Teams which don’t go this extra mile and engage constructively often underperform.
- Address attitudinal, behavioural or performance issues head-on
- Learn strategies to confront tough issues with confidence and skill
- Clarify what is at stake if nothing changes
- Enrich relationships through honest, respectful discussion
- Improve collaboration and results
The Fierce Confrontation® model allows you to understand the typical strategies we use to avoid difficult conversation, the price of not confronting, and how to manage the 10-step Fierce Confrontation® conversation to solve issues and deepen relationships.
‘Fierce has given us the ‘permission’ we need to change behaviors and the tools we need to make it happen. The quality of conversations is improving and leading to innovation and change.’ – Tiffany Austin, Symetra